Universal Account Number has brought ease at part of both the employer and the employee. UAN number links your EPF accounts with various employers along with eliminating dependency on the employer for the withdrawals. You can check whether your UAN number has been issued or not by your current employer. One can easily check UAN status online no matter it is being issued or not.
Down below, we have mentioned the steps on how to check the UAN status online. Follow the steps carefully in order to know your Universal Account Number status. Any slight mistake in following the steps will not yield the desired result.
Step 1: UAN – EPFO Site
First of all, you need to visit the official website of EPFO to know your UAN status. We have mentioned a separate link which will direct you to the EPFO site especially for UAN or PF number portability. The link is www.uanmembers.epfoservices.in. Another specified link for employers provided by the EPFO care is
Step 2: Hit the “Know your UAN Status” Button
Once you visit the link mentioned above, you will find a link on the left side upper corner. This link will be mentioned as “Know your Universal Account Number status” with an asterisk above it. Click on this.
Step 3: Provide Relevant Details
After you complete the step 2 as mentioned above, you will be directed to a page “ Check Universal Account Number status” where you need to provide relevant information like PF number and many more. The details required here can be looked for in the salary slips or the EPFO passbook. However, if you don’t find the same, you better ask your employer immediately about the details and keep a record of it. You need to fill the following information:
- State: This is the state with which your PF account is maintained. It can even be the state where your employer has registered with EPFO. You can even find it in your PF account as two letters like MH, DS, WB, etc. These are provided at the beginning of the PF account number.
- PF Office: A state has a huge number of PF offices and your PF account is being maintained by one of them. You can easily guess the PF office by checking the numbers just after the two letters.
- PF Number: After you provide state and PF office you need to provide PF number. However, the PF number comprises the state as well as the PF office, you need to state them separately. PF number consists of 3 parts:
- An extension which can be an alphabet like ‘B’ or number like “909”
- A seven digit number which is exclusive to the organization
- Your account number which is also a seven digit number.
Step 4: Get Your Universal Account Number status
Once you have provided or completed the above-mentioned steps, you will get to know whether your UAN has been generated or not. If it has been generated, you must ask your employer to provide relevant details about your UAN. After getting the UAN from employer activate it as soon as possible. This enables you to link your old EPF accounts with it and view the details you want to know from it.
That’s all you need to do in order to check your Universal Account Number status.
Next go for uan activation to complete uan portal registration.